GIVE TO KEEP THE MEALS COMING. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO BE PART OF THAT GREATNESS. SUPPORT HELPING THOSE IN NEED AND DIG DEEP FOR FOOD FOR LIFE’S MISSION TO FIGHT HUNGER, THROUGH SANCTIFIED FOOD.
“A nation’s greatness is measured by how it treats its most vulnerable members.” Mahatma Gandhi
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Want to be more directly involved? Go to our Everyday Hero website and you can fundraise directly, as an individual, or make your own team.
Ways to fundraise:
- Participate in major sponsored fundraising events, and direct the funds to Food For Life Kitchen (FFLK)
- Create your own event, use the Everyday Hero website to publicise your event via social media
- Do you love running or swimming in large public events and fundraising for your favourite charity? Check out the events here to get started!
- Host a dinner party! Ask your friends and family to each contribute their favourite dish at your dinner party. Ask all guests participating to donate to your supporter page. At the end
of the evening have everyone vote and then present the winner with a token gesture (a toy medal or printed certificate for example).
- Hold a car wash, trivia night or talent quest!
- Do you know a lot of busy people who are always complaining about never having time to get things done? Offer to run their errands for a small fee towards your fundraising!
- Put on a garage sale to get rid of all those unwanted items whilst at the same time raising money for your cause.
- Place a swear jar at home. Pretty self explanatory
- Offer your dog walking services! Charge $5 or $10 to walk your neighbourhood pooches!
- Who doesn’t love receiving a hug! Offer hugs in your local shopping centre on a busy Saturday afternoon in return for a small donation (or if they don’t want a hug, hand out chocolates,
the next best thing.)
- Speaking of chocolates, give up something for the day. Use your phone too much? Spend hours on Facebook? Reckon you could be quiet for a whole day? Ask your work or classmates
to join you as well to help raise even more money!
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you to give up your beloved pastime for a day or a week.
- If you are giving up an activity you normally did (like eating out or sitting in cafes chatting with your friend) then make sure you choose another fun activity to do to take your mind off it! Taking up an exercise is a great way to fend off any negative thoughts.
- Do you go to school with people who enjoy eating cake? GREAT! With permission from your teachers simply ask a few of your friends (or their parents) to help you bake up some
cupcakes to take into school to sell to increase the amount of dollars on your supporter page.
- Play your favourite sport AND raise money for your chosen charity. Hosting a mini sports tournament is a great way to receive donations by just charging a small fee to take part as
well as giving everyone a really fun day!
- Does your school often put on concerts or plays? Why not ask if you can charge an entrance fee to support your cause, or even serve drinks in the interval with all profits to go to your supporter page?
- Ask your school if you can have a ‘Non-uniform day’! In return for a small contribution to your supporter page all your classmates get to wear their own clothes to school.
Help us help others. FFLK offers some rewarding volunteer opportunities, including working at our organic farming community.To enquire about volunteering, call:
Member Services 03 9699 5122
Or email email@example.com
For the farm: Keshava. 0405 577 453
Click here for more information on partnering with us.